Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective model has 1 sense
- exemplary, model - worthy of imitation; "exemplary behavior"; "model citizens"
Antonym: unworthy (indirect, via worthy)
Noun model has 9 senses
- model, theoretical account, framework - a simplified description of a complex entity or process; "the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems"
--1 is a kind of hypothesis, possibility, theory
--1 has particulars:
- model - a type of product; "his car was an old model"
--2 is a kind of kind, sort, form, variety
- model, poser - a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor; "the president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos"
--3 is a kind of assistant, helper, help, supporter
--3 has particulars:
- model, simulation - representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
--4 is a kind of representation
--4 has particulars:
- exemplar, example, model, good example - something to be imitated; "an exemplar of success"; "a model of clarity"; "he is the very model of a modern major general"
--5 is a kind of ideal
--5 has particulars:
- model, role model - someone worthy of imitation; "every child needs a role model"
--6 is a kind of leader
--6 has particulars:
- model, example - a representative form or pattern; "I profited from his example"
--7 is a kind of representation, mental representation, internal representation
--7 has particulars:
- mannequin, manikin, mannikin, manakin, fashion model, model - a woman who wears clothes to display fashions; "she was too fat to be a mannequin"
--8 is a kind of assistant, helper, help, supporter
--8 has particulars: supermodel
- model, modelling, modeling - the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
--9 is a kind of representation
--9 has particulars: simulation
Verb model has 6 senses
- model, pattern - plan or create according to a model or models
--1 is one way to imitate, copy, simulate
Somebody ----s something PP
- model, mold, mould - form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
--2 is one way to shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
Did he model his major works over a short period of time?
- model, pose, sit, posture - assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
--3 is one way to expose, exhibit, display
- model - display (clothes) as a mannequin; "model the latest fashion"
--4 is one way to expose, exhibit, display
They model the cape
- model, simulate - create a representation or model of; "The pilots are trained in conditions simulating high-altitude flights"
--5 is one way to re-create
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something
- model, mock up - construct a model of; "model an airplane"
--6 is one way to represent, interpret
Somebody ----s something