Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective worthy has 5 senses
- worthy - having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable; "a worthy fellow"; "no student deemed worthy, and chosen for admission, would be kept out for lack of funds"- Nathan Pusey; "worthy of acclaim"; "orthy of consideration"; "a worthy cause"
Antonyms: unworthy, undeserving, undeserving of, unworthy of, unmerited, unmeritorious
- desirable, suitable, worthy - worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse; "the parents found the girl suitable for their son"
Antonym: ineligible (indirect, via eligible)
- worthy - meriting respect or esteem; "the worthy gentleman"
Antonym: unrespectable (indirect, via respectable)
- noble, solid, upstanding, worthy - having high moral qualities; "a noble spirit"; "a solid citizen"; "an upstanding man"; "a worthy successor"
Antonyms: dishonorable, dishonourable (indirect, via honorable)
- worthy - morally admirable; "a worthy citizen"
Antonyms: evil, wicked (indirect, via good)