Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun sitter has 5 senses
- Sitter, Willem de Sitter - Dutch astronomer who calculated the size of the universe and suggested that it is expanding (1872-1934)
--1 is a kind of astronomer, uranologist, stargazer
- sitter - an organism (person or animal) that sits
--2 is a kind of organism, being
- babysitter, baby-sitter, sitter - a person engaged to care for children when the parents are not home
--3 is a kind of keeper
- artist's model, sitter - a person who poses for a painter or sculptor
--4 is a kind of model, poser
- brood hen, broody, broody hen, setting hen, sitter - a domestic hen ready to brood
--5 is a kind of hen, biddy