Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun travel has 3 senses
- travel, traveling, travelling - the act of going from one place to another; "he enjoyed selling but he hated the travel"
--1 is a kind of motion, movement, move
--1 has particulars:
- change of location, travel - a movement through space that changes the location of something
--2 is a kind of movement, motion
--2 has particulars:
- locomotion, travel - self-propelled movement
--3 is a kind of motion, movement, move
--3 has particulars:
| ||brachiation; walk, walking; step; gait; run, running; jog, trot, lope; crawl, crawling, creep, creeping; lap, circle, circuit; dance step, step; stroke|
Verb travel has 6 senses
- travel, go, move, locomote - change location; move, travel, or proceed; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"
Antonyms: stay in place
They travel the countryside
They travel in the countryside
- travel, journey - undertake a journey or trip
--2 is one way to travel, trip, jaunt
- travel, trip, jaunt - make a trip for pleasure
Somebody ----s somebody PP
- travel, journey - travel upon or across; "travel the oceans"
--4 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something
- travel - undergo transportation as in a vehicle; "We travelled North on Rte. 508"
--5 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
Something is ----ing PP
Somebody ----s PP
- travel, move around - travel from place to place, as for the purpose of finding work, preaching, or acting as a judge
--6 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote