Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun circuit has 6 senses
- circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit - an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
--1 is a kind of electrical device
--1 is a part of electronic equipment
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars:
| ||capacitor, capacitance, condenser, electrical condenser; choke, choke coil, choking coil; relay, electrical relay; resistor, resistance; short circuit, short; shunt, electrical shunt, bypass; tube, vacuum tube, thermionic vacuum tube, thermionic tube, electron tube, thermionic valve|
- tour, circuit - a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area; "they took an extended tour of Europe"; "we took a quick circuit of the park"; "a ten-day coach circuit of the island"
--2 is a kind of journey, journeying
--2 has particulars:
- circuit - an established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to; "she's a familiar name on the club circuit"; "on the lecture circuit"; "the judge makes a circuit of the courts in his district"; "the international tennis circuit"
--3 is a kind of path, route, itinerary
- circuit - (law) a judicial division of a state or the United States (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations); one of the twelve groups of states in the United States that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
--4 is a kind of group, grouping
- racing circuit, circuit - a racetrack for automobile races
--5 is a kind of racetrack, racecourse, raceway, track
- lap, circle, circuit - movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
--6 is a kind of locomotion, travel
--6 has particulars: pace lap; victory lap, lap of honour