Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun creep has 4 senses
- creep, weirdo, weirdie, weirdy, spook - someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric
--1 is a kind of unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- creep - a slow longitudinal movement or deformation
--2 is a kind of change of location, travel
- creep - a pen that is fenced so that young animals can enter but adults cannot
--3 is a kind of pen
- crawl, crawling, creep, creeping - a slow creeping mode of locomotion (on hands and knees or dragging the body); "a crawl was all that the injured man could manage"; "the traffic moved at a creep"
--4 is a kind of locomotion, travel
Verb creep has 4 senses
- crawl, creep - move slowly; in the case of people or animals with the body near the ground; "The crocodile was crawling along the riverbed"
--1 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
The crowds creep in the streets
The streets creep with crowds
- sneak, mouse, creep, steal, pussyfoot - to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
--2 is one way to walk
The children creep to the playground
- grow over, creep - grow in such a way as to cover (a building, for example); "ivy grew over the walls of the university buildings"
--3 is one way to diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out
Something is ----ing PP
- fawn, crawl, creep, cringe, cower, grovel - show submission or fear
--4 is one way to bend, flex
Somebody ----s PP