Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun staging has 4 senses
- theatrical production, staging - the production of a drama on the stage
--1 is a kind of production
--1 has particulars: coup de theatre; summer stock
- scaffolding, staging - a system of scaffolds
--2 is a kind of system
--2 has parts: scaffold
- staging - travel by stagecoach
--3 is a kind of travel, traveling, travelling
- staging - getting rid of a stage of a multistage rocket
--4 is a kind of discard, throwing away
Verb stage has 2 senses
- stage, present, represent - perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello'"
--1 is one way to re-create
Did he stage his major works over a short period of time?
- stage, bring about, arrange - plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
--2 is one way to initiate, pioneer
Somebody ----s something