Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun ascension has 5 senses
- Ascension, Ascension Day, Ascension of the Lord - (Christianity) celebration of the Ascension of Christ into heaven; observed on the 40th day after Easter
--1 is a kind of holy day of obligation
- rise, rising, ascent, ascension - a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
--2 is a kind of change of location, travel
--2 has particulars:
| ||climb, climbing, mounting; elevation, lift, raising; heave, heaving; liftoff; rapid climb, rapid growth, zoom; takeoff; upheaval, uplift, upthrow, upthrust; uplifting|
- Ascension, Ascension of Christ - (New Testament) the rising of the body of Jesus into heaven on the 40th day after his Resurrection
--3 is a kind of miracle
- ascension - (astronomy) the rising of a star above the horizon
--4 is a kind of change of location, travel
- rise, ascent, ascension, ascending - the act of changing location in an upward direction
--5 is a kind of motion, movement, move
--5 has particulars: