Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun go on has 2 senses
- lout, clod, stumblebum, goon, oaf, lubber, lummox, lump, gawk - an awkward stupid person
--1 is a kind of clumsy person
- hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer - an aggressive and violent young criminal
--2 is a kind of criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
Verb go on has 5 senses
- continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep - continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
--1 is one way to act, move
They go on moving
- happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place - come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
Something is ----ing PP
It ----s that CLAUSE
- advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on - move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
--3 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
- continue, go on, carry on, proceed - continue with one's activities; "I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
--4 is one way to talk, speak
Somebody ----s to INFINITIVE
Somebody ----s VERB-ing
- go on, come up, come on - start running, functioning, or operating; "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"
--5 is one way to start, go, get going
Antonyms: go off