Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun hood has 5 senses
- hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer - an aggressive and violent young criminal
--1 is a kind of criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- hood, exhaust hood - metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
--2 is a kind of covering
--2 has particulars: range hood
- hood - the folding roof of a carriage
--3 is a kind of roof
--3 has particulars: calash, caleche, calash top
- hood - a headdress that protects the head and face
--4 is a kind of headdress, headgear
--4 has particulars:
- hood, bonnet, cowl, cowling - protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine; "there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"; "the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
--5 is a kind of protective covering, protective cover, protection
--5 is a part of
--5 has parts: hood ornament