Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Verb go off has 6 senses
- abscond, bolt, absquatulate, decamp, run off, go off - run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along
--1 is one way to flee, fly, take flight
Somebody ----s PP
- go off - be discharged or activated; "the explosive devices went off"
--2 is one way to explode, burst
- fire, discharge, go off - go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
- go off - stop running, functioning, or operating; "Our power went off during the hurricane"
--4 is one way to stop, halt
Antonyms: go on, come up, come on
- go off, come off, go over - happen in a particular manner; "how did your talk go over?"
--5 is one way to happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
Somebody ----s Adjective
- implode, go off - burst inward; "The bottle imploded"
--6 is one way to collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder