Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun can has 6 senses
- can, tin, tin can - airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
--1 is a kind of container
--1 has particulars:
- can, canful - the quantity contained in a can
--2 is a kind of containerful
- can, can buoy - a buoy with a round bottom and conical top
--3 is a kind of buoy
- buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass - the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
--4 is a kind of body part
--4 is a part of torso, trunk, body
- toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne - a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
--5 is a kind of plumbing fixture
--5 is a part of
--5 has parts: toilet bowl; toilet seat
--5 has particulars:
- toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom - a room equipped with toilet facilities
--6 is a kind of room
--6 has parts:
--6 has particulars:
| ||head; public toilet, comfort station, public convenience, convenience, public lavatory, restroom, toilet facility, wash room; washroom; water closet, closet, W.C., loo|
Verb can has 2 senses
- can, tin, put up - preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
--1 is one way to preserve, keep
The chefs can the vegetables
- fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate - terminate the employment of; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
--2 is one way to remove
Somebody ----s somebody
Somebody ----s somebody to INFINITIVE