Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective closet has 2 senses
- closet, confidential, secret - (of information) given in confidence or in secret; "closet information"; "this arrangement must be kept confidential"; "their secret communications"
Antonym: public (indirect, via private)
- closet, secret - indulging only covertly; "a closet alcoholic"; "closet liberals"
Antonyms: overt, open (indirect, via covert)
Noun closet has 4 senses
- cupboard, closet - a small room (or recess) or cabinet used for storage space
--1 is a kind of storage space
--1 has particulars: airing cupboard; broom closet; safe; supply closet
- water closet, closet, W.C., loo - a toilet in England
--2 is a kind of toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom
- wardrobe, closet, press - a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes
--3 is a kind of furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
--3 has particulars: armoire; clothes closet, clothespress; coat closet
- closet - a small private room for study or prayer
--4 is a kind of room
--4 has part: shelf
--4 has particulars: booth, cubicle, stall, kiosk