Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun barrel has 5 senses
- barrel, gun barrel - a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
--1 is a kind of tube, tubing
--1 is a part of gun
- barrel, cask - a cylindrical container that holds liquids
--2 is a kind of vessel
--2 has parts:
--2 has particulars:
- barrel, drum - a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
--3 is a kind of cylinder
- barrel, barrelful - the quantity that a barrel (of any size) will hold
--4 is a kind of containerful
- barrel, bbl - any of various units of capacity; "a barrel of beer is 31 gallons and a barrel of oil is 42 gallons"
--5 is a kind of United States liquid unit; British capacity unit, Imperial capacity unit
--5 is a part of hogshead
--5 has parts: gallon, gal; gallon, Imperial gallon, congius