Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective arch has 3 senses
- arch - (of persons) highest in rank or authority or office; "his arch rival"
Antonym: unimportant (indirect, via important)
- arch, condescending, patronizing, patronising - (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
Antonym: inferior (indirect, via superior)
- arch - expert in skulduggery; "an arch criminal"
Antonym: unskilled (indirect, via skilled)
Noun arch has 4 senses
- arch - a curved shape in the vertical plane that spans an opening
--1 is a kind of curve, curved shape
- arch - a curved bony structure supporting or enclosing organs (especially arches of the feet)
--2 is a kind of skeletal structure
--2 has particulars:
- arch, archway - a passageway under an arch
--3 is a kind of entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree
--3 is a part of wall
- arch - (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it
--4 is a kind of structure, construction
--4 is a part of bridge, span; aqueduct; arcade, colonnade
--4 has parts:
--4 has particulars:
Verb arch has 1 sense
- arch, curve, arc - form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
--1 is one way to bend, flex
Somebody ----s something