Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun entry has 6 senses
- entry - an item inserted in a written record
--1 is a kind of written record, written account
--1 has particulars:
- introduction, debut, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry - the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
--2 is a kind of beginning, start, commencement
--2 has particulars:
- entry, accounting entry, ledger entry - a written record of a commercial transaction
--3 is a kind of accounting, accounting system, method of accounting
--3 has particulars:
- submission, entry - something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition); "several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
--4 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--4 has particulars: filing
- entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree - something that provides access (entry or exit); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
--5 is a kind of access, approach
--5 has particulars:
- entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming - the act of entering; "she made a grand entrance"
--6 is a kind of arrival
--6 has particulars: