Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun product has 6 senses
- merchandise, wares, product - commodities offered for sale; "good business depends on having good merchandise"; "that store offers a variety of products"
--1 is a kind of commodity, trade goods, goods
--1 is a part of mercantile establishment, retail store, sales outlet, outlet
--1 has particulars:
| ||cargo, lading, freight, load, loading, payload, shipment, consignment; contraband; feature; irregular, second; line, product line, line of products, line of merchandise, business line, line of business; number; refill; release; schlock, shlock, dreck; software package, software product; stock, inventory; top of the line; yard goods, piece goods|
- product, production - an artifact that has been created by someone or some process; "they improve their product every year"; "they export most of their agricultural production"
--2 is a kind of creation
--2 has particulars:
| ||book, volume; book; by-product, byproduct, spin-off; deliverable; end product, output; inspiration, brainchild; job; magazine; newspaper, paper; output, outturn, turnout; turnery; work, piece of work; yield, fruit|
- product - a consequence of someone's efforts or of a particular set of circumstances; "skill is the product of hours of practice"; "his reaction was the product of hunger and fatigue"
--3 is a kind of consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- product - a chemical substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction; "a product of lime and nitric acid"
--4 is a kind of chemical
--4 has particulars: hydrolysate; filtrate; culture
- product, mathematical product - a quantity obtained by multiplication; "the product of 2 and 3 is 6"
--5 is a kind of quantity
--5 has particulars: factorial; multiple
- intersection, product, cartesian product - the set of elements common to two or more sets; "the set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things"
--6 is a kind of set