Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun turnout has 7 senses
- turnout - the group that gathers together for a particular occasion; "a large turnout for the meeting"
--1 is a kind of gathering, assemblage
- turnout, widening - a part of a road that has been widened to allow cars to pass or park
--2 is a kind of part, portion
--2 is a part of road, route
- siding, railroad siding, turnout, sidetrack - a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass
--3 is a kind of railroad track, railroad, railway
- output, outturn, turnout - what is produced in a given time period
--4 is a kind of product, production
--4 has particulars: throughput
- outfit, getup, rig, turnout - a set of clothing (with accessories); "his getup was exceedingly elegant"
--5 is a kind of attire, garb, dress
--5 has particulars: bib-and-tucker; ensemble; playsuit; trousseau
- turnout - attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election); "the turnout for the rally"
--6 is a kind of attendance, attending
- turnout - (ballet) the outward rotation of a dancer's leg from the hip
--7 is a kind of rotation, rotary motion