Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective irregular has 9 senses
- irregular - contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice; "irregular hiring practices"
Antonyms: regular, daily, day-to-day, day-after-day, every day, first-string, lawful, orderly, rule-governed, official, prescribed, regularized, regularised, routine, standard, stock, timed, well-ordered, uniform, weak
- irregular - (of solids) not having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume must be determined with the principle of liquid displacement
- irregular, unpredictable - not occurring at expected times
Antonym: continual (indirect, via sporadic)
- irregular - used of the military; not belonging to or engaged in by regular army forces; "irregular troops"; "irregular warfare"
Antonyms: regular, standing
- atypical, irregular - deviating from what is usual or common or to be expected; often somewhat odd or strange; "these days large families are atypical"; "highly irregular behavior"
Antonym: normal (indirect, via abnormal)
- irregular, temporary - lacking continuity or regularity; "an irregular worker"; "employed on a temporary basis"
Antonym: full-time (indirect, via part-time)
- irregular - of a surface; not level or flat; "walking was difficult on the irregular cobblestoned surface"
Antonym: even (indirect, via uneven)
- guerrilla, guerilla, underground, irregular - used of independent armed resistance forces; "guerrilla warfare"; "partisan forces"
Antonyms: nonpartisan, nonpartizan (indirect, via partisan)
- irregular, maverick, unorthodox - independent in behavior or thought; "she led a somewhat irregular private life"; "maverick politicians"
Antonym: conventional (indirect, via unconventional)