Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun magazine has 6 senses
- magazine, mag - a periodic paperback publication; "it takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
--1 is a kind of press, public press; publication
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars:
- magazine - product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object; "tripped over a pile of magazines"
--2 is a kind of product, production
- magazine, magazine publisher - a business firm that publishes magazines; "he works for a magazine"
--3 is a kind of publisher, publishing house, publishing firm, publishing company
- magazine, cartridge - a light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
--4 is a kind of supply chamber
--4 is a part of camera, photographic camera
- magazine, powder store, powder magazine - a storehouse (as a compartment on a warship) where weapons and ammunition are stored
--5 is a kind of storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store
- cartridge holder, cartridge clip, clip, magazine - a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
--6 is a kind of supply chamber
--6 is a part of gun
--6 has particulars: pincurl clip