Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun origin has 5 senses
- beginning, origin, root, rootage, source - the place where something begins, where it springs into being; "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
--1 is a kind of point
--1 has particulars:
- origin, descent, extraction - properties attributable to your ancestry; "he comes from good origins"
--2 is a kind of ancestry, lineage, derivation, filiation
--2 has particulars: full blood
- origin, origination, inception - an event that is a beginning; a first part or stage of subsequent events
--3 is a kind of beginning
--3 has particulars:
- origin - the point of intersection of coordinate axes; where the values of the coordinates are all zero
--4 is a kind of intersection
- lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock - the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
--5 is a kind of genealogy, family tree
--5 has particulars: