Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun blood has 6 senses
- blood - the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart; "blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries waste products away"; "the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
--1 is a kind of liquid body substance, bodily fluid, body fluid, humor, humour
--1 has parts: blood cell, blood corpuscle, corpuscle
--1 has substances: serum, blood serum; blood plasma
--1 has particulars:
- lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock - the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
--2 is a kind of genealogy, family tree
--2 has particulars:
- bloodshed, blood, gore - the shedding of blood resulting in murder; "he avenged the blood of his kinsmen"
--3 is a kind of murder, slaying, execution
- blood - temperament or disposition; "a person of hot blood"
--4 is a kind of disposition, temperament
- rake, profligate, rip, blood, roue - a dissolute man in fashionable society
--5 is a kind of libertine, debauchee, rounder
- blood - people viewed as members of a group; "we need more young blood in this organization"
--6 is a kind of people