Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun lineage has 5 senses
- lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock - the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
--1 is a kind of genealogy, family tree
--1 has particulars:
- descent, line of descent, lineage, filiation - the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors
--2 is a kind of kinship, family relationship, relationship
--2 has particulars: bilateral descent; unilateral descent
- linage, lineage - the number of lines in a piece of printed material
--3 is a kind of number
- linage, lineage - a rate of payment for written material that is measured according to the number of lines submitted
--4 is a kind of rate, charge per unit
- ancestry, lineage, derivation, filiation - inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline
--5 is a kind of inheritance, hereditary pattern
--5 has particulars: