Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun arrangement has 6 senses
- agreement, arrangement - the thing arranged or agreed to; "they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
--1 is a kind of planning, preparation, provision
--1 has particulars: collusion; prearrangement
- arrangement - an orderly grouping (of things or persons) considered as a unit; the result of arranging; "a flower arrangement"
--2 is a kind of group, grouping
--2 has particulars:
- arrangement, organization, organisation, system - an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
--3 is a kind of structure
--3 has particulars:
- placement, arrangement - the spatial property of the way in which something is placed; "the arrangement of the furniture"; "the placement of the chairs"
--4 is a kind of position, spatial relation
--4 has particulars:
- musical arrangement, arrangement - a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments
--5 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
--5 has particulars: orchestration; instrumentation
- arrangement, arranging, transcription - the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
--6 is a kind of composing, composition
--6 has particulars: rearrangement; orchestration, instrumentation; orchestration