Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun plan has 3 senses
- plan, program, programme - a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished; "they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
--1 is a kind of idea, thought
--1 has particulars:
| ||audit program, audit programme; outline, schema, scheme; master plan; blueprint, design, pattern; plan of action; regimen, regime; project, projection; agenda, docket, schedule; pension plan, pension account, retirement plan, retirement savings plan, retirement savings account, retirement account, retirement program; employee savings plan; road map, guideline; stock purchase plan; budget|
- design, plan - an arrangement scheme; "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"; "it was an excellent design for living"; "a plan for seating guests"
--2 is a kind of arrangement, organization, organisation, system
--2 has particulars:
- plan, architectural plan - scale drawing of a structure; "the plans for City Hall were on file"
--3 is a kind of drawing
--3 has particulars: elevation; floor plan
Verb plan has 4 senses
- plan, be after - have the will and intention to carry out some action; "He plans to be in graduate school next year"; "The rebels had planned turmoil and confusion"
--1 is one way to intend, mean, think
They plan to move
- plan - make plans for something; "He is planning a trip with his family"
--2 is one way to think, cogitate, cerebrate
Sam and Sue plan the movie
- plan, project, contrive, design - make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
--3 is one way to create by mental act, create mentally
They plan to move
- design, plan - make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form; "design a better mousetrap"; "plan the new wing of the museum"
--4 is one way to create by mental act, create mentally
Somebody ----s something