Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun array has 4 senses
- array - an orderly arrangement; "an array of troops in battle order"
--1 is a kind of arrangement
--1 has particulars:
- array - an impressive display; "it was a bewildering array of books"; "his tools were in an orderly array on the basement wall"
--2 is a kind of display
- array, raiment, regalia - especially fine or decorative clothing
--3 is a kind of clothing, article of clothing, vesture, wear
--3 has particulars: war paint
- array - an arrangement of aerials spaced to give desired directional characteristics
--4 is a kind of directional antenna
Verb array has 2 senses
- range, array, lay out, set out - lay out in a line
--1 is one way to arrange, set up
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s something PP
- align, array - align oneself with a group or a way of thinking
--2 is one way to stand
Somebody ----s somebody