Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun agreement has 6 senses
- agreement, understanding - the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises; "they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other's business"; "there was an understanding between management and the workers"
--1 is a kind of statement
--1 has parts: condition, term
--1 has particulars:
- agreement, correspondence - compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
--2 is a kind of compatibility
--2 has particulars: conformity, conformance
- agreement, accord - harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in agreement"
--3 is a kind of harmony, concord, concordance
Antonyms: disagreement, dissension, dissonance
--3 has particulars:
- agreement, arrangement - the thing arranged or agreed to; "they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
--4 is a kind of planning, preparation, provision
--4 has particulars: collusion; prearrangement
- agreement, concord - the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
--5 is a kind of grammatical relation
--5 has particulars:
- agreement - the verbal act of agreeing
--6 is a kind of speech act
--6 has particulars:
| ||assent, acquiescence; compliance; concurrence; accord, conformity, accordance; connivance, collusion; accession, assenting; subscription; ratification, confirmation; harmony, concord, concordance; second, secondment, endorsement, indorsement; concession|