Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun grouping has 3 senses
- group, grouping - any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
--1 has particulars:
| ||arrangement; straggle; kingdom; biological group; community, biotic community; world, human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind, man; people; social group; collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage; edition; electron shell; ethnic group, ethnos; race; association; subgroup; sainthood; citizenry, people; population; multitude, masses, mass, hoi polloi, people; varna; circuit; system, scheme; series; actinoid, actinide, actinon; rare earth, rare-earth element, lanthanoid, lanthanide, lanthanon; halogen|
- grouping - the activity of putting things together in groups
--2 is a kind of activity
--2 has particulars:
- grouping, pigeonholing - a system for classifying things into groups
--3 is a kind of classification system
Verb group has 2 senses
- group - arrange into a group or groups; "Can you group these shapes together?"
--1 is one way to classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
- group, aggroup - form a group or group together
--2 is one way to meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
The crowds group in the streets