Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun endorsement has 5 senses
- endorsement, indorsement, blurb - a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book"
--1 is a kind of promotion, publicity, promotional material, packaging
- second, secondment, endorsement, indorsement - a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
--2 is a kind of agreement
- sanction, countenance, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur - formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement"
--3 is a kind of approval, commendation
--3 has particulars:
- endorsement, indorsement - a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement"
--4 is a kind of signature
--4 has particulars: blank endorsement, endorsement in blank
- endorsement, indorsement - the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements"
--5 is a kind of support
--5 has particulars: auspices, protection, aegis