Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun conformity has 5 senses
- conformity, conformance - correspondence in form or appearance
--1 is a kind of agreement, correspondence
--1 has particulars: justness, rightness, nicety; normality
- conformity, conformation, compliance, abidance - acting according to certain accepted standards
--2 is a kind of cooperation
--2 has particulars: formality; line; honoring, observance; keeping
- conformity, conformism - orthodoxy in thoughts and belief
--3 is a kind of orthodoxy
Antonyms: nonconformity, nonconformance
--3 has particulars: conventionality; legalism
- accord, conformity, accordance - concurrence of opinion; "we are in accord with your proposal"
--4 is a kind of agreement
- ossification, conformity - hardened conventionality
--5 is a kind of conventionality, convention, conventionalism