Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun accord has 4 senses
- agreement, accord - harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in agreement"
--1 is a kind of harmony, concord, concordance
--1 has particulars:
- accord, conformity, accordance - concurrence of opinion; "we are in accord with your proposal"
--2 is a kind of agreement
- treaty, pact, accord - a written agreement between two states or sovereigns
--3 is a kind of written agreement
--3 has particulars:
- accord, rapport - sympathetic compatibility
--4 is a kind of compatibility
Verb accord has 2 senses
- harmonize, harmonise, consort, accord, concord, fit in, agree - go together; "The colors don't harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
--1 is one way to match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
Something is ----ing PP
- accord, allot, grant - allow to have; "grant a privilege"
--2 is one way to give
Somebody ----s somebody something
Somebody ----s something to somebody