Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun correspondence has 7 senses
- correspondence - communication by the exchange of letters
--1 is a kind of written communication, written language
--1 has parts: letter, missive
--1 has particulars: card
- agreement, correspondence - compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
--2 is a kind of compatibility
--2 has particulars: conformity, conformance
- commensurateness, correspondence, proportionateness - the relation of correspondence in degree or size or amount
--3 is a kind of proportion, proportionality
- mapping, map, correspondence - a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set
--4 is a kind of function, mathematical function
--4 has particulars: isometry
- correspondence - communication by exchange of letters
--5 is a kind of first class, 1st class, first-class mail, 1st-class mail, priority mail
- symmetry, symmetricalness, correspondence, balance - (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact correspondence of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
--6 is a kind of spatial property, spatiality
--6 has particulars:
- parallelism, correspondence - similarity by virtue of correspondence
--7 is a kind of similarity