Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective attending has 2 senses
- attending, in attendance - being present at meeting or event
Antonym: absent (indirect, via present)
- ministering, ministrant, attending - serving attendance on someone; "a ministering angel"; "the angels ministrant sang"; "the attending physician"
Antonym: unhelpful (indirect, via helpful)
Noun attending has 2 senses
- attention, attending - the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
--1 is a kind of basic cognitive process
--1 has particulars:
- attendance, attending - the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.)
--2 is a kind of group action
--2 has particulars:
Verb attend has 5 senses
- attend, go to - be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc.; "She attends class regularly"; "I rarely attend services at my church"; "did you go to the meeting?"
--1 is one way to be
Somebody ----s something
- attend, take care, look, see - take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
--2 is one way to care, give care
Somebody ----s PP
- attend - to accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result; "Menuhin's playing was attended by a 15-minute standing ovation"
--3 is one way to attach to, accompany, come with, go with
Something ----s something
- serve, attend to, wait on, attend, assist - work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years"
--4 is one way to help, assist, aid
Somebody ----s somebody
Somebody ----s somebody with something
- attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear - give heed (to); "The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
--5 is one way to listen