Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun sweat has 4 senses
- perspiration, sweat, sudor - salty fluid secreted by sweat glands; "sweat poured off his brow"
--1 is a kind of secretion
--1 has substances: water, H2O
- fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither - agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
--2 is a kind of agitation
- sweat - condensation of moisture on a cold surface; "the cold glasses were streaked with sweat"
--3 is a kind of condensation, condensate
- effort, elbow grease, exertion, travail, sweat - use of physical or mental energy; hard work; "he got an A for effort"; "they managed only with great exertion"
--4 is a kind of labor, labour, toil
--4 has particulars:
| ||struggle; trouble, difficulty; least effort, least resistance; strain, straining; exercise, exercising, physical exercise, physical exertion, workout; pull; application, diligence; overkill; supererogation; overexertion; friction, detrition, rubbing|
Verb sweat has 1 sense
- sweat, sudate, perspire - excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin; "Exercise makes one sweat"
--1 is one way to excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
Did his feet sweat?
Sam and Sue sweat