Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun lather has 4 senses
- soapsuds, suds, lather - the froth produced by soaps or detergents
--1 is a kind of foam, froth
--1 has particulars: shaving cream, shaving soap
- fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither - agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
--2 is a kind of agitation
- lather - a workman who puts up laths
--3 is a kind of workman, working man, working person
- lather - the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
--4 is a kind of foam, froth
Verb lather has 4 senses
- lather - cover with soap; "lather your body when you shower"
--1 is one way to cover
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
- flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce - beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
--2 is one way to beat, beat up, work over
They want to lather the prisoners
- lather - form a lather; "The shaving cream lathered"
--3 is one way to foam, froth, fizz, effervesce, sparkle
- soap, lather - rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning
--4 is one way to cleanse, clean
Did he lather his foot?