Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun application has 6 senses
- application - a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school; "December 31 is the deadline for applications"
--1 is a kind of request, petition, postulation
--1 has particulars:
- application, practical application - the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose; "he advocated the application of statistics to the problem"; "a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis"
--2 is a kind of use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise
--2 has particulars: misapplication; technology, engineering
- application, application program, applications programme - a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task; "he has tried several different word processing applications"
--3 is a kind of program, programme, computer program, computer programme
--3 has particulars:
- application, coating, covering - the work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
--4 is a kind of manual labor, manual labour
--4 has particulars:
- lotion, application - liquid preparation having a soothing or antiseptic or medicinal action when applied to the skin; "a lotion for dry skin"
--5 is a kind of remedy, curative, cure
--5 has particulars:
- application, diligence - a diligent effort; "it is a job requiring serious application"
--6 is a kind of effort, elbow grease, exertion, travail, sweat