Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun scheme has 5 senses
- scheme, strategy - an elaborate and systematic plan of action
--1 is a kind of plan of action
--1 has particulars:
- dodge, dodging, scheme - a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
--2 is a kind of falsehood, falsity, untruth, false statement
- system, scheme - a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole; "a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
--3 is a kind of group, grouping
--3 has parts: hierarchy
--3 has particulars:
| ||language system; judiciary, judicature, judicatory, judicial system; economy, economic system; ecosystem; social organization, social organisation, social structure, social system, structure; dragnet; machinery; network, web; nonlinear system; subsystem; organism; syntax; body; shebang; solar system; water system; rootage, root system|
- schema, scheme - an internal representation of the world; an organization of concepts and actions that can be revised by new information about the world
--4 is a kind of representation, mental representation, internal representation
- outline, schema, scheme - a schematic or preliminary plan
--5 is a kind of plan, program, programme