Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun bubble has 4 senses
- bubble - a hollow globule of gas (e.g., air or carbon dioxide)
--1 is a kind of globule
--1 has particulars: air bubble; foam, froth; soap bubble
- house of cards, bubble - a speculative scheme that depends on unstable factors that the planner cannot control; "his proposal was nothing but a house of cards"; "a real estate bubble"
--2 is a kind of scheme, strategy
- bubble - an impracticable and illusory idea; "he didn't want to burst the newcomer's bubble"
--3 is a kind of illusion, fantasy, phantasy, fancy
- bubble - a dome-shaped covering made of transparent glass or plastic
--4 is a kind of covering
Verb bubble has 3 senses
- bubble - form, produce, or emit bubbles; "The soup was bubbling"
--1 is one way to emit, breathe, pass off
- ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle - flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
--2 is one way to sound, go
Somebody ----s PP
- burp, bubble, belch, eruct - expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"
--3 is one way to emit, breathe, pass off