Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun romp has 3 senses
- runaway, blowout, romp, laugher, shoo-in, walkaway - an easy victory
--1 is a kind of victory, triumph
- tomboy, romp, hoyden - a girl who behaves in a boyish manner
--2 is a kind of girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper - gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement; "it was all done in play"; "their frolic in the surf threatened to become ugly"
--3 is a kind of diversion, recreation
--3 has particulars:
| ||flirt, flirting, flirtation, coquetry, dalliance, toying; folly, foolery, tomfoolery, craziness, lunacy, indulgence; game; horseplay; teasing; word play|
Verb romp has 3 senses
- frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, sport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run around, lark about - play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
--1 is one way to play
Somebody ----s PP
- romp - run easily and fairly fast
--2 is one way to run
- romp - win easily; "romp a race"
--3 is one way to win