Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun triumph has 2 senses
- victory, triumph - a successful ending of a struggle or contest; "the general always gets credit for his army's victory"; "the agreement was a triumph for common sense"
--1 is a kind of ending, conclusion, finish; success
--1 has particulars:
- triumph - the exultation of victory
--2 is a kind of exultation, jubilance, jubilancy, jubilation
Verb triumph has 4 senses
- prevail, triumph - prove superior; "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
--1 is one way to win
- wallow, rejoice, triumph - be ecstatic with joy
--2 is one way to exult, walk on air, be on cloud nine, jump for joy
Somebody ----s something PP
- gloat, triumph, crow - dwell on with satisfaction
--3 is one way to boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
Sam and Sue triumph
- exult, rejoice, triumph, jubilate - to express great joy; "Who cannot exult in Spring?"
--4 is one way to cheer, cheer up, chirk up
Somebody ----s PP