Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun girl has 5 senses
- girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille - a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
--1 is a kind of woman, adult female
--1 has particulars:
| ||baby, sister; bachelor girl; belle; bimbo; colleen; dame, doll, wench, skirt, chick, bird; flapper; gal; Gibson girl; lass, lassie, young girl, jeune fille; maid, maiden; May queen, queen of the May; mill-girl; party girl; peri; ring girl; rosebud; sex kitten, sexpot, sex bomb; shop girl; soubrette; sweater girl; tomboy, romp, hoyden; valley girl; working girl|
- female child, girl, little girl - a youthful female person; "the baby was a girl"; "the girls were just learning to ride a tricycle"
--2 is a kind of female, female person
Antonyms: male child, boy
--2 has particulars:
- daughter, girl - a female human offspring; "her daughter cared for her in her old age"
--3 is a kind of female offspring
Antonyms: son, boy
--3 has particulars: mother's daughter
- girlfriend, girl, lady friend - a girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically involved; "his girlfriend kicked him out"
--4 is a kind of woman, adult female; lover
- girl - a friendly informal reference to a grown woman; "Mrs. Smith was just one of the girls"
--5 is a kind of woman, adult female