Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun lark has 4 senses
- meadowlark, lark - North American yellow-breasted songbirds
--1 is a kind of New World oriole, American oriole, oriole
--1 is a member of Sturnella, genus Sturnella
--1 has particulars:
- pipit, titlark, lark - small songbirds resembling larks
--2 is a kind of oscine, oscine bird
--2 is a member of Anthus, genus Anthus
--2 has particulars: meadow pipit, Anthus pratensis
- lark - any of numerous predominantly Old World birds noted for their singing
--3 is a kind of oscine, oscine bird
--3 is a member of Alaudidae, family Alaudidae
--3 has particulars: skylark, Alauda arvensis
- escapade, lark - any carefree episode
--4 is a kind of diversion, recreation
--4 has particulars: sexcapade
Verb lark has 1 sense
- frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, sport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run around, lark about - play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
--1 is one way to play
Somebody ----s PP