Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective orderly has 6 senses
- orderly - devoid of violence or disruption; "an orderly crowd confronted the president"
Antonyms: disorderly, boisterous, rambunctious, robustious, rumbustious, unruly, brawling, fighting, mobbish, moblike, raucous, rowdy, rough-and-tumble, bare-knuckle, bare-knuckled
- lawful, orderly, rule-governed - according to custom or rule or natural law
Antonym: irregular (indirect, via regular)
- orderly, systematic - not haphazard; "a series of orderly actions at regular hours"
Antonym: random (indirect, via nonrandom)
- orderly - marked by or adhering to method or system; "a clean orderly man"; "an orderly mind"; "an orderly desk"
Antonym: untidy (indirect, via tidy)
- ordered, orderly, regulated - marked by system or regularity or discipline; "a quiet ordered house"; "an orderly universe"; "a well regulated life"
Antonyms: disorganized, disorganised (indirect, via organized)
- consistent, logical, ordered, orderly - marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a logical argument"; "the orderly presentation"
Antonym: incoherent (indirect, via coherent)