Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective routine has 2 senses
- routine - occurring at fixed times or predictable intervals; "made her routine trip to the store"
Antonym: irregular (indirect, via regular)
- everyday, mundane, quotidian, routine, unremarkable, workaday - found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant
Antonym: extraordinary (indirect, via ordinary)
Noun routine has 3 senses
- routine, modus operandi - an unvarying or habitual method of procedure
--1 is a kind of procedure, process
--1 has particulars: rat race; rut, groove
- act, routine, number, turn, bit - a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
--2 is a kind of performance, public presentation
--2 has particulars: show-stopper, showstopper, stopper
- routine, subroutine, subprogram, procedure, function - a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
--3 is a kind of software, software system, software package, package
--3 is a part of program, programme, computer program, computer programme
--3 has particulars: