Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective gravel has 1 sense
- grating, gravel, gravelly, rasping, raspy, rough - unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound; "a gravelly voice"
Antonyms: euphonious, euphonous (indirect, via cacophonous)
Noun gravel has 1 sense
- gravel, crushed rock - rock fragments and pebbles
--1 is a kind of rock, stone
--1 has particulars:
Verb gravel has 3 senses
- annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil - cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
--1 is one way to displease
The performance is likely to gravel Sue
- gravel - cover with gravel; "We gravelled the driveway"
--2 is one way to cover
Somebody ----s something
- perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound - be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
--3 is one way to confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
Something ----s somebody