Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun establishment has 7 senses
- constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation - the act of forming something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
--1 is a kind of beginning, start, commencement
--1 has particulars:
- institution, establishment - an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
--2 is a kind of organization, organisation
--2 has particulars:
- administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation - the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
--3 is a kind of body
--3 is a part of government, authorities, regime
--3 has parts: hierarchy, power structure, pecking order
--3 has members: advisory board, planning board
--3 has particulars:
- establishment - a public or private structure (business or governmental or educational) including buildings and equipment for business or residence
--4 is a kind of structure, construction
--4 has particulars:
- establishment - any large organization
--5 is a kind of organization, organisation
- establishment, ecesis - (ecology) the process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat
--6 is a kind of natural process, natural action, action, activity
- establishment, validation - the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof
--7 is a kind of proof, cogent evidence