Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun drop-off has 3 senses
- slump, slack, drop-off, falloff, falling off - a noticeable deterioration in performance or quality; "the team went into a slump"; "a gradual slack in output"; "a drop-off in attendance"; "a falloff in quality"
--1 is a kind of deterioration, decline in quality, declension, worsening
- cliff, drop, drop-off - a steep high face of rock; "he stood on a high cliff overlooking the town"; "a steep drop"
--2 is a kind of geological formation, formation
--2 has particulars: crag; precipice
- decrease, lessening, drop-off - a change downward; "there was a decrease in his temperature as the fever subsided"; "there was a sharp drop-off in sales"
--3 is a kind of change, alteration, modification
--3 has particulars:
Verb drop-off has 4 senses
- drop off - fall or diminish; "The number of students in this course dropped off after the first test"
--1 is one way to decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- fall asleep, dope off, flake out, drift off, nod off, drop off, doze off, drowse off - change from a waking to a sleeping state; "he always falls asleep during lectures"
- fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede - retreat
--3 is one way to regress, retrograde, retrogress
- slip, drop off, drop away, fall away - get worse; "My grades are slipping"
--4 is one way to worsen, decline