Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective worsening has 1 sense
- worsening - changing for the worse; "worried by the worsening storm"
Antonyms: bettering, ameliorating, ameliorative, amelioratory, meliorative, amendatory, corrective, remedial
Noun worsening has 2 senses
- deterioration, decline in quality, declension, worsening - process of changing to an inferior state
--1 is a kind of decline, diminution
--1 has particulars: slump, slack, drop-off, falloff, falling off
- worsening - changing something with the result that it becomes worse
--2 is a kind of change of state
--2 has particulars: downturn, downswing
Verb worsen has 2 senses
- worsen, decline - grow worse; "Conditions in the slum worsened"
--1 is one way to change state, turn
Antonyms: better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- worsen, aggravate, exacerbate, exasperate - make worse; "This drug aggravates the pain"
--2 is one way to change, alter, modify
Antonyms: better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something