Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective waning has 1 sense
- waning - (of the moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon decreases; "after full moon comes the waning moon"
Noun waning has 1 sense
- waning - a gradual decrease in magnitude or extent; "the waning of his enthusiasm was obvious"; "the waxing and waning of the moon"
--1 is a kind of decrease, lessening, drop-off
Verb wane has 3 senses
- decline, go down, wane - grow smaller; "Interest in the project waned"
--1 is one way to decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- wane - become smaller; "Interest in his novels waned"
--2 is one way to decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
Antonyms: wax, mount, climb, rise
- wane - decrease in phase; "the moon is waning"
--3 is one way to decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
Antonyms: wax, full
The moon will soon wane