Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun attrition has 5 senses
- abrasion, attrition, corrasion, detrition - erosion by friction
--1 is a kind of erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away
- grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition - the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
--2 is a kind of friction, rubbing
- attrition, contrition, contriteness - sorrow for sin arising from fear of damnation
--3 is a kind of sorrow, regret, rue, ruefulness
- attrition - a wearing down to weaken or destroy; "a war of attrition"
--4 is a kind of decrease, lessening, drop-off
- attrition - the act of rubbing together; wearing something down by friction
--5 is a kind of friction, detrition, rubbing